Debt Collector's Name
Debt Collector's Address
RE: Collection Letter, Date (dd-mm-yyyy),
Account #: (####)
Mr/Mrs. Debt Collector,
This letter is in response to 2 entries
made by your Company on my Credit Report. I am disputing
the validity of these entries and according to the Fair
Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809
(b), I demand a validation of this debt immediately.
I humbly request your Debt Collection agency to provide
me with the following information in order to validate
- Show me what do I owe this money
for? What purchases did I make or what Services did
- Show me the details and calculations of how you calculated
- Provide me with letters or proof that I agreed to
pay what you say I owe.
- Provide me with verification or judgement of any debts
- Identify to me the Original Creditor from whom I made
- Prove that the Statute of Limitations has not expired
on this debt
- Show me that you are licensed to collect this debt
in my State
- Show me your Debt Collection Rights License #
- Show me that you are authorized to collect this debt
on behalf of the Original Creditor.
- Give me a complete transaction and payment history
from the Original Creditor.
- Show me what the original amount was when this Debt
was assigned to your Debt Collection Agency. **
- Show me any fees and interest charges that have been
added on to this debt. **
- Show me how you determined and arrived at these fees.
- Give me a copy of the original signed loan or credit
card application with the Original Creditor.
** These debt validation requests
are Law under the following Court Case:
Fields v. Wilber Law Firm, Donald L. Wilber
and Kenneth Wilber, USCA-02-C-0072, 7th Circuit Court,
I also want to inform you that if
your Company has made any false or misleading entries
on my Credit Report to any of these 3 Credit Bureaus
(Equifax, Experian or TransUnion), this might be termed
as Fraud or Harrasment because it violates my consumer
rights under the following Laws:
- Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Defamation of Character
If your office manages to send me
all the verification that I have asked for above, I
will require atleast 30 days to investigate this information
fully and I demand that all collection efforts on your
side cease and desist during this period.
If your office does NOT respond to
me within the next 30 days (after receipt of this letter
on your side), all references made to my personal information
and debt must be deleted from my Credit report. A copy
of these entries being deleted from my Credit Report
must also be sent to me immediately.
I also demand that you do NOT call
me at my home or work during this period. All communication
with me must be done in writing format and sent to my
mailbox. If your company does call me at my home or
work within the next 30 days, I will consider this harassment
and will file a lawsuit.
(Your Printed Name)